Wednesday, March 25

new old stuff


after visiting my family in north carolina last month, my parents sent me home with their very old & loved cast iron pan. i've been in serious want for one of these for several years, and i don't know why i never bought one. i'm so glad i didn't because i love this pan. every time i use it i think of mom making cornbread back in our house in cary. we've cooked with this at least once a week since it came home and met our wedgewood. i found the orange cast iron grill pan at an estate sale recently, and sold it's mate on etsy.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Ah, you have one now! I was thinking of getting you a cast iron pan for your b-day if you didn't get one before then. My old roommate used to make cornbread with condensed milk. Holy smokes it was good--like cornbread cake. I've never tried experimenting with condensed milk, but one day I will. I love cornbread.