Wednesday, April 29

preference


i find art to be so personal, i guess most people do, and i was thrown a few years back when a friend gave me this print. at the time i wasn't that taken with it, now i absolutely love it. it reminds me of the cross hatch projects we had to do in school, and i love the simplicity of it.


a couple of months while ago strolling at the alemany flea market with leigh, i came across an old seagrams poster "the game fish cyclopedia." i didn't have much money on me, but the price was right and i snapped it up for al. the colors are still so bright, it was printed in 1947 but had been kept away from light.


it occurred to me this morning that i bought art for someone else, something i thought i would never do. i just couldn't stop myself. some of the fish are gone now, but it's such a cool reference to see where things used to be and al knows almost all of the species listed.


i need to get this thing framed before the family arrives, but this thing is quite large. luckily it was only $40, it will probably be about $400 to frame (i really have no idea, that number is random). i'll take along my small stakes low poster to see if i can get that done as well. al got that for me. it's an endless cycle of art giving....

No comments: