Thursday, July 9

eat n work


over our albacore dinner tuesday night we talked about eating alone at home and the bad habits that can encourage. i tend to eat most of my day time meals at home alone, while working. that means, yes, i'm sitting in front of the computer during breakfast and lunch. when i think about this it seems very odd that i would allow myself such bad behavior. i don't like fast food, and i really enjoy eating, so why wouldn't i go to the kitchen table and just concentrate on the food? i don't know. i don't mind eating at the table and i don't mind eating alone. sometimes i just want to get the work out of the way, or spend 20 minutes look at blogs. sometimes i want to be lazy and take a crappy photo with my iphone and post on my own blog. do you eat at the table alone without any stimulation other than food? it seems i don't.

2 comments:

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Nope, I am often eating alone and if I am not multi-tasking while eating I feel like I am wasting time. Even when the food is amazing I am at least reading and eating! I always think about quitting this habit but I have not been able to break it yet!

Leigh said...

Makes no sense to me either. I like to eat and don't mind it alone, and I like the idea of sitting at the table with my yummy meal (or not so great, whatever it is), but I hardly ever do it. Not sure why.